ELAC English Learners Advisory Committee
What is ELAC?
An ELAC committee is comprised of school staff, parents of English learner students, other parents and community members who are interested in English learner programs. At least 25 percent of the committee must be made up of parents of English learner students who are not employed by the school. ELAC members are elected by members at school sites.
The purpose of the ELAC is to advise, not govern, English learner services and programs offered by the district. As an advisory group, ELAC member duties may include:
- Developing an ELD Master Plan for educational programs and services for English Learners.
- Conducting a needs assessment for the school.
- Establishing program goals and objectives for English Learner Services.
- Administrating the annual language census.
- Reviewing and commenting on the reclassification procedures for English Learners.
- Reviewing and commenting on the written notifications to be sent to parents and guardians.
- Performing self-evaluation to determine if the ELAC is meeting its goals and appropriately representing the school's English Learners.
- The overall goal of the ELAC is to improve our English learners' acquisition of fluency in English and to help our students achieve academic success.
All ELAC meetings, including subcommittees, are required by law to be open to the public. Meeting agendas must be posted in a public place a minimum of 72 hours in advance.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Froylan Mendoza, LPHS Assistant Principal, at 530-538-2310 or via email at email@example.com
Calendar & Category Legend:
- Holidays & Closings
- Las Plumas High School
- LPO Band Calendar
- Oroville High School
- Oroville Union High School District